mercredi 5 octobre 2011

Band of the day #7 / Interview #2 : BLINDSIDE

Yo.
Today we're going to speak about the newest belgian sensation,  BLINDSIDE.




It's not really complicated : take the brutality of Boston 80's bands (like Negative FX or SSD) and the efficiency of NYHC's best bands. You got it ? Now put everything in the hands of some young and ambitious guys.
According me, Blindside play hardcore as we need today. I remember their mini-show at Break Out Fest 2011 during the set of their friends Not Afraid. I told myself "shit, these guys are just like Tony Montana : they know where they are from, and they know where they wanna go. And moreover, they are straight edge. Mega-slap !"
And I still believe this when I listen to their demo (now recorded on Powered Records). 3 songs + the intro, it's enough to understand what hardcore is. 
This interview with their singer, Christian, is probably more illustrative :


( T-Rexxx dedicated to Jux Ringlet )







Me : Hi Christian, how are you ? What's on your mind at this time ?

Christian : I'm fine thanks for asking. On my mind right now is that I should do more push ups and sharpen my knife.




Me : Tell me... How did you felt in hardcore and straight edge ? 

Christian : I got into hardcore thanks to my uncle, he turned me onto some great things. He got me into Agnostic Front. But also a lot of cool European bands like Heibel and Negazione. He doesn't like the Bad Brains though, that kinda sucks.




M : I think you're a military. Punk music and defending a state / wearing an uniform don't really fit I think. Except Raybeez, what's the 
"link" between those 2 parts of your life ?



C : For me it fits. The hardcore scene is a lot like the military actually. Everybody dresses the same and the longer you've been doing it the more respect you get. As a new guy you gotta prove yourself. JJ of Cro-Mags fame was also in the military so that makes puting on a uniform in the morning ten times cooler.



M : What do you think of the punk/hardcore scene of today ? Don't you miss bands who were more raw, sincere, impulsive ?

C : I think a lot of bands try too hard to sound like the bands they like. It sounds really forced.
I miss bands that just say I wanna play as hard and as fast as I can : R.I.P. Loud And Clear!




M : Believe me, I can understand it. Maybe that's why you've started Blindside ? 

C : That's exactly why we started this band. We just want to play what we like without trying to figure out riffs
like math equations. It's hardcore not rocket science you nerds.




M : How was Blindside born ? And why did you chose this name ? 

C : We rehearsed a few times in Amir's garage but it didn't really work out so we didn't really do nothing.
Then we went to visit our friend Maxime in Paris and he had a recording studio so we recorded some songs
and that was it basically. Blindside is an Underdog song, I think it was playing on our iPod when we drove to Paris.




M : How did you join the Powered crew ? Lots of people thought that it was dead...

C : We asked Filip to help us to put out our demo and he said he wanted to release it.
We are really grateful for his support, he has done a lot for us.
Hardcore doesn't die.    

M : What are the projects with Blindside, besides playing Namur soon ? 

C : Joey and Kasper are in Redemption Denied, they'll have a demo soon. Check it out if you like hard bands. 
We play our release show in a few weeks, really excited about that.
  My goal in life is still to win the Mr.Olympia title or solve world hunger. Whatever comes first.

                                    

















                    HARDCORE LIVES !
                                                                                                      RELEASE SHOW 28th OCTOBER ! 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire