lundi 3 octobre 2011

Interview #1 GET WISE

Remember their show in Namur 6 months ago : angry voice, efficient riffs and drums. That was Get Wise, from North Belgium. Now it's time to give you some news of the band, and fuck, the news are good for them !
Check this interview with Kristof, their singer, my favorite flemish guy. 


  • Me : So, let's start the interview ! If Get Wise was a color, which one would it be ? (and why)

    Kristof : Fucking hell dude, that's a difficult one 

    Me : A shitty one, be honest...

    Kristof :You're Walloon, I didn't expect anything different

    M : You're flemish, I knew that you couldn't answer any question

    K : So, we're gonna make this a racewar ?

    M : No, please... but what if we talked about politics ? what do you think of the friendship between Di Rupo and De Wever ? Do you really hate Walloon ?

    K : Naaah dude, of course not. Most people take that shit too serious while I'm just fucking around you know? It's funny to see people think I'm serious. And really, I have yet to find the first person who can explain the 'BHV-problem' in 3 simple sentences. I suspect even Bart and Elio don't understand the whole deal.

    M : Haha i see. Personly, i think that they're just 2 clowns who have to wake us up.

    K : Ow, clowns, do you know the Insane Clown Posse?

    M : No. Is he flemish ?

    K : Hell no! It's some sort of redneck rap-collective. Google it dude! Juggalo! Whoop whoop!

    M :I'll do it! As we're speaking about rap music... What do you think of Alkpote ?

    K :Well dude, I really like rap-music, but I never dug French rap. Don't really know why, probably because I don't fucking understand it. And as for Alkpote, they seem kind of sketchy. Are they from Namur?


    M : No, Paris. But we don't care ! Let's get back to the main reason of this interview : GET WISE. What are your plans ?

    K : We recorded some new songs this weekend which will appear on a split with xEisbergx. I'm so stoked on that! We also have a small UK-tour coming up in December together with Think Twice and Speak Up. Be sure to check all the bands I just mentioned! And well, since I like playing, we'll try and play as much as possible! Any time, anywhere!

    M : Cool ! I wish good luck with all this.  In fact, why did you call the band "Get Wise" ?

    K : Thanks bro! I'm sorry to dissappointment you but the name didn't originate from the 'The First Step' -song (although I tell most people 'cause the first step was an amazing band, right?) We just were looking for a name that would fit us and Joris (our bassplayer) came up with the name and it just stuck. We all have this view that there are so many people around without a clue. They need to get wise.
                                                                                                                                
                                                                                                                                                                                 PAST SHOW (15/04/2011)
    M : The First Step rules, that's right. I received my Warzone - Don't forget the struggle, don't.... LP and the picture inside shows Raybeez wearing a cap "Get Wise". I thought of you : you should make a t-shirt with that photo !

    K : Ow dude, that's just awesome! Really should start saving some money to buy that album myself. Those 2 things probably sum up what hardcore for me is all about. Warzone and doing things yourself! Yeah bro, we really should do that.

    M : Here's the next question : for you, is that ideology before music or music before ideology ?

    K : Mos def music before ideology. Don't get me wrong, hardcore-bands should have a message to spread. But from another point of view, we're only on this earth for a limited amount of time. Better try and enjoy while it lasts. And after all, worldpeace can't be done.

    M : Ik ga akkoord met jou. And what's the message of Get Wise ? except that people have to get wise, of course...

    K : It has been said before, and a lot, but it holds so much truth: People should think for themselves and figure out themselves what is the right thing to do. I know I always try to do the right thing but it seems to me a lot of peope just don't think things through sometimes.

    M : Anyway, that's not a bad message, and it seems that people didn't understand it even after 30 years...
    A last question then you'll be free : could you give us your opinion of what you think of Namur, Growing Concern,... ?

    K : Can't really tell a lot about Namur dude. Obviously Growing Concern fucking rules! And I really do mean that! You have the heart in the right place and since you seem to have about the same taste in bands, you really put up cool shows! What I did like when we played namur was that there still were skinheads on a hardcoreshow! That's just plain awesome! More hardcorekids should listen to oi! and vice versa!

    M : Hahaha yeah but it was skinheads with Slipknot t-shirts, not real skinheads. I miss skinheads too... By the way, thanks for the sweet words !

    K : There definitely was at least one real skinhead there bro! That's enough to get me happy!
    No problem! It was a nice talk. Keep up the good work. People should check out Bang Bros, Conviction, Violent City, Trapped Inside and fucking worship Cornered ! And thanks for the opportunity to speak up!

    M : You're welcome, thank you too ! I hope to see you again here in Namur !


    LISTEN & DOWNLOAD : http://get-wise.bandcamp.com/


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire